We believe that big change comes from big dreams, backed by a series of tiny, purposeful actions. Success doesn’t come by accident. A small shift now can yield tremendous results later. So if you want your life to be significantly better in the future, here are a few tiny things you can implement now to shape your tomorrow. Pick just one thing and master it before selecting another to master. Then pop in and let us know how you are doing….and growing, on purpose.
- Start your day with 5 minutes of private thank you’s, by way of prayer, meditation, writing, or thoughts. Do this before you get out of bed (you hit snooze anyway). Do not let your mind wonder to what you need to do that day. Focus only on your thank you’s.
- Make a public thank you, or acknowledgement, to someone every day. Make it a “Thank you” for the role they play in your life, or how they help you grow in your work, or how they go out of their way for you, or how they care for your children,…etc. Bonus points if other, third parties can witness the thank you.
- Select one person who’s behavior is bothering you, and start with compassion for them. If they are “annoying” you, or you caught them (or yourself) gossiping, or they are being “mean,” or they let you down, or disappointed you… focus on how you can be a shining light for them, even when they do not make it easy. Often their behavior is rooted in pain you are unaware of, so have compassion for their pain over anger over their behavior. You need not be a best friend, but you DO have control over the meaning you attach to what they on their own do or don’t do. Dis-connect in a loving way, if need be.
- Forgive someone. Then let go. Really. (You know who that is.)
- Say no. This makes room for what truly matters.
- Smile. Research shows that even a forced smile increases dopamine levels, and can alleviate stress and bring on happy feelings. And of course, then, the smile becomes easy.
- Break a sweat. Research shows that fit people are more productive.
- Replace TV time with meaningful conversations with loved ones, or meaningful work that generates cash.
- Eat more veggies.
- Drink more water. No soda.
- Spread love by growing your own humility. Seek ways to give back.
Working in this space reminded us of a great interview we did a while back with InspireMeToday’s founder, Gail Lynne Goodwin. She has an incredible story to share, and it brings to light just how much tiny actions can grow into huge impacts on the lives of so many. Click here to listen to what she shared (free), and be inspired for your own big dreams, by acting tiny.